|Melissa, Me and our first Kitten Toulouse|
I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon with the 50 Random Facts tag! I had been tagged by Sal in her Tag You're It! post, but I was finding it hard to find bloggers to tag for mine who hadn't already done it - it seems like everyone has! But, since this doesn't require me to tag anyone else - I hope this makes up for it! I could probably think of more but, I thought I'd leave it at 50, I've seen some posts with 100 facts! So anyway lets get cracking...
1. My feet are a size 3 (UK) and that makes it really difficult to find shoes I like. And it can be really difficult to walk in super high heels - regardless of practice time.
2. I left school when I was 15 to go to college and study art. I didn't complete the course because I didn't like being told what I could and couldn't paint/draw. I went back to school for my final year and got my highers (Scottish qualification) to go to University.
|Coloured pencil drawings by me|
|Portraits [pencil, chalk, acrylic paint and crayons] by me|
3. For my exams, the best subject I done best in was Art - it was the only higher I got an A in.
4. Despite never taking any science subjects (chemistry, physics or biology) in school, my best module in my first year of University was Physiology.
5. I used to enjoy creative writing as a child.
6. I'm left handed. Out of the 5 cousins on my mothers side only two are right handed - we always thought that was quite strange.
7. I'm completely anal about spelling and get really annoyed when people spell easy words wrong (definitely is what I see misspelled the most and it bugs me!!). I'm the same with grammar. The misuse of your and you're; and their, there and they're is the most annoying - and when people don't know whether to use 'A' or 'AN' - phew.
8. I care about things too much (see above). A lot of it tends to be things out of my control, like politics or things I feel are unjust.
9. I have a really short temper - it doesn't take much to wind me up. The easiest way in which to do so is to undermine me, or tell me I'm wrong when I'm not (I probably shouldn't have told you that ;)! )
10. I used to be a very fussy eater, and I've only got better at trying new things in the last few years. I still refuse to eat seafood though - no matter what.
11. The thing that puts me off food is more likely to be texture than flavour. I can't eat Jelly (Jello) because the texture weirds me out. I'm the same with raspberries and strawberries - the crunchy seeds mixed with the gooey bits throw me off - although I like the way they taste.
12. I rarely watch TV. I mostly watch films, or I watch an entire season of a TV program (or several seasons) at once.
13. The only TV seasons I've ever watched the whole way through, and some I'm still watching are: Friends, Charmed, Pretty Little Liars, Dexter, Bones and my favourite - Grey's Anatomy. The ones still running I watch online because I refuse to wait for them to air here.
14. I started university when I was 17 and graduated with my degree at 20 (November 2012). I start my first qualified job in a few weeks.
15. I've been obsessed with Disney since I was really young. I collect Disney DVDs now and have for a few years. I want my future children to be able to watch them (if I have any kids).
16. I have been to America four times - Boston, New York and Florida twice. I would like to go back to all of these places again - top of the list is New York - as well as visit other American cities.
17. Harry Potter is one of my favourite things in the whole world. I've read all of the books more than I can count, and I watch the movies a lot. I learned the scripts when I put them on a loop to have background noise when I was studying for university. I have also been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida, and would really like to go to the studio tour in London this year. And when I joined Pottermore - I was sorted into Slytherin :)
18. I love old architecture. Glasgow actually has quite nice architecture - you just need to look up.
19. I've been to a lot of places in Europe (I've been abroad most years of my life) - but there are still so many places I want to visit. Mainly Paris and Rome for their architecture and art.
20. I want to work abroad for a couple of years. I want to go to Canada - as I don't think it would be too much of a massive culture shock and I can speak the language - I've already researched areas and hospitals I would like to work in.
21. I have a terrible sweet tooth. I always feel like I have to eat something sweet after something savoury.
22. I have to wear glasses to see for distance (driving, in the cinema etc.). It still annoys me that it became a "fashion statement" to wear glasses when you don't even need them.
23. When I was two years old I almost died when I developed a rare blood disorder and my organs started shutting down. I had to have a blood transfusion and kidney dialysis and because of that I can't donate my blood or organs, which upsets me. Also, the GP told my mum there was nothing wrong with me it was just a "bug", but motherly instinct kicked in and she took me to the hospital. If she'd waited another hour it would've been too late. And since then, me (after I was told the story) and the rest of my family have a real distrust for GPs.
24. When I was in primary school and high school I was in the choir. In high school I got quite a few solos, but now I don't sing in front of anyone.
25. For around four years I studied Musical Theatre. It was some of the best times of my life, and I loved being in shows. I almost pursued acting, but ultimately decided against it.
26. I used to be very overweight because I emotionally ate when I was bullied at school. Even though I have lost a lot of weight since then I still feel insecure about my body - especially when people visibly slimmer and fitter complain that they look fat - if you think you look fat you must think I'm a cow!
27. I don't believe in following a religion. I wouldn't even class myself as an atheist because that would mean I "believe" something. I don't have a problem if you do have a religion however, and will respect your beliefs - but I expect mine to be respected too.
28. I have my ears pierced six times, my belly button pierced and I used to have my eyebrow pierced (for a few months when I was younger). The only reason I haven't took my belly button piercing out is because I think my stomach looks weird without it now. And I prefer piercings to the idea of tattoos - I'm too indecisive and wouldn't want to be stuck with something I ended up not liking because you can just take piercings out!
29. I LOVE Audrey Hepburn. I think she is one of the most beautiful women that ever lived. I have a poster of her in my room, and a box set of her movies.
30. If you tell me that you like "reality" tv (TOWIE, MIC, Jersey Shore, Geordie Shore etc) I immediately lose a little respect for you. I can't understand why anyone would be remotely interested in anything like that. From what I read in the magazines, none of them are too bright, so I wouldn't bother giving them the time of day.
31. I love things that are a bit "thrilling" like rollercoasters; and I would love to skydive one day, but I would NEVER bungee jump - I don't know why, whenever I tell people that they seem to think skydiving is worse than bungee jumping.
32. I absolutely love cats - from tigers to kittens. When I was a little girl we had a grey cat called Toulouse (we wanted to call him Berlioz, but I couldn't say it properly!), and I have a black cat called Miley just now, but when I move out to my own house, I want to get two ginger boy cats and call them Fred and George.
34. My favourite colour is light pink.
35. I love flowers - my favourites are Pink Roses, Gardenias, Peonies, Camelias, Forget-me-nots and Hydrangeas.
36. I don't really listen to current music - it all sounds the same to me. I have a bit of a love for the Cardigans (I don't know why).
37. I wish I had stayed on at Jazz dancing. I got highly commended in my Blue Riband exam and only had the final level to sit - British Medallion.
38. I could walk by the time I was 10 months old.
39. When I was a little girl, my sister and I had around 60 Barbies between us - we loved them!
40. I've suffered from acne since I was about 11. It has improved quite a lot, but I still have at least one spot at all times. For some reason I don't like people saying my skin looks flawless in blog photos - because I wouldn't want someone with bad skin (like mine) think they're skin will never look like that. I've had years of practice covering spots and finding the best products. I'm planning on showing how I cover my acne soon.
41. I have sat on an Elephant when I was a baby.
42. I love cooking and baking.
43. As crazy as it sounds, I would never stop working if I won the lottery (though I've bought a ticket about twice in my life). I love what I do too much.
44. My mum and dad are very DIY, and as we've moved house so much (me 7 times, my sister 8) and they always decorated themselves. I have learned the proper way to prep and paint walls or do wallpaper. Next on my list to learn is how to wire a new plug socket and change light fittings. I'll never be able to do what my dad does though, he's a joiner (carpenter). But, I'm amazing at building flat pack furniture!
45. As much as I think it's important to keep up-to-date with what's happening in the world, I don't watch the news that often - because it's always bad news, and then I think about it too much, and then I read about it and then I get way too invested.
46. I'm really pale and have really dark hair. I feel like Snow White when I have my natural skin tone - and I always say that I use fake tan to make myself an "alive" looking skin tone - I'm practically see-through, and I wish I was confident enough to rock it.
47. I love to laugh and spend hours watching funny videos on youtube.
48. I part shared the role of Rizzo in my highschool production of Grease when I was 14.
49. I'm slightly double jointed in most of my joints - especially my knees. You'll probably notice my knees in my outfit photos - when my legs feel "straight" they look bent backwards, and when they look straight I feel like I'm bending them.
50. I really enjoy my own company and can really appreciate people that I can sit in a comfortable silence with. I find it hard being in situations when conversation is forced.