These days I'm a very occasional blogger, what with my poor health and life in general, so I came to the conclusion that my extensive makeup stash is just madness. I want to concentrate on using products that are tried and tested and that I know I love - or just trying new things when I've run out of something - like when I run out of foundation maybe trying a new one.  I currently have 9 foundation/base products at the moment - all of which have been opened and are in use which is ridiculous. Multiply that by every makeup product (mascara/liner/lip products etc) and that is where I'm at for the moment.  Drowning in makeup that I is nice enough but doesn't necessarily rock my world.
So I devised a little plan so I can work my way through everything.  I don't like to waste things which is why it's important for me to work through the products rather than having a mass throw out spree - especially because there's nothing wrong with the products.  I keep my stuff clean and there's nothing out of date at the moment. So I got a gorgeous makeup bag from my friend for christmas, and in there I've set up a little 'everyday makeup' look for myself. I want to use every product in there until it's finished. To stop myself from getting bored I've given myself two lip colours, two eyeshadows and two blushes to work with.  When one product is finished, I'll swap it out with something else that I have in my dressing table.

All products as listed (wearing Patisserie on the lips)
Current contents include:
Laura Mercier Radiance Primer
Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua in B10 (is slightly dark but I can make it work blending down my neck)
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye in Light
Kiko Milano Radiant Fusion Baked Powder in 01 Avory
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
Bourjois Cream Blush in 04 Sweet Cherry
Kiko Milano Shade Fusion Trio Blush in 01 Natural Rose
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Dark Brunette
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Moonlight
Kiko Milano Water Eyeshadow in 201 Rosy Taupe
MAC Eye Pencil in Coffee
L'Oreal Paradise Mascara
MAC Lipstick in Patisserie
MAC Lipstick in Plumful

I'm aiming to update this one per month or once every couple of months to see how far I'm getting and the new things I'm working on.