I was contacted recently by Sunkissed, and was asked if I would like to take part in creating a gorgeous party look just in time for the party season.  I agreed and they sent me some products to use to help me create my look.  The exciting thing about this is, it's going to be put on their website with other bloggers looks and someone will be voted the winner for the best party look.  I decided that as I was sent the products I'd give you some thoughts on them as well as talking you through my look.

Products Used:
Sunkissed Self-Tan Air Pump Mousse* (applied with Sunkissed application mitt*)
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - 53
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - 3 Medium (Blemishes)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NW25 (under eyes)
Sunkissed Giant Bronzer* (Dark sun shape as contour/Shimmer bronzer through top of cheeks [see below])
Golden Highlighter from Sunkissed Palette* (see below)
Benefit Brow Zings - Dark
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
Sunkissed Palette* Eyeshadows - Left column (see below): Second Shadow as brow bone highlight, second from the bottom all over lid, bottom blended into lash line and outer corner
MAC Kohl eyeliner - Feline (upper and lower waterlines)
Sunkissed Mascara (from Sunkissed Palette*)
No7 Perfect Lips Pencil - Fire (blended over whole lip)
Red Lip colour from Sunkissed Palette* on top of liner

And that's everything!  Ideally I would've loved to use false lashes to complete the look, but I didn't have any to hand - and couldn't just pop to the shops as my foot isn't better since I damaged the ligaments.  The Girls Aloud Nicola lash would be perfect with this look.  They're longer at the outer corner so really elongate the eye, which is what I like to achieve as my eyes are very round and can look a little "dolly" when I use full shape lashes.  I do like that look sometimes but definitely not with red lips or I look like a painted china doll (worse when I have no fake tan on either!).


Sunkissed Palette*
I was sent this palette that has just about everything you'd ever need in it.  It has two gorgeous highlighters, 10 well pigmented eyeshadows, three lip colours, mascara and applicators.  I couldn't find this particular palette on their website, but one that is similar, only missing the lip colours retails for £8.99 which is amazing so I don't think it would be too much more than that.  The positives of this palette are definitely the pigmentation of the highlighters and eyeshadows - it's surprising that for something so reasonably priced you get some great pigmentation; especially in the darker colours.  I also really like the mascara, whether it's the formulation or the wand it adds great volume and definition to the lashes.  The only things I'm not overly keen on are that the lip colours are quite sheer, and I'm more of a fan of highly pigmented lip colours - but if you like sheerer lip products this wouldn't be a problem for you.  I also think the eyeshadows are quite powdery so you get a bit of drop down onto the cheeks when applying it, but it's not difficult to clean up.  I think this, or any of the eyeshadow type compacts would be a great stocking filler for someone that's just getting into makeup.

[Top Left: Eyeshadow Swatches ; Top Right: Highlighter Swatches ; Bottom Left: Lip Colour Swatches ; Bottom Right: Mascara wand]
Sunkissed Giant Bronzer* rrp £4.99
[L: Matte Dark Sun shape R: Shimmery Bronzer]
The size of this bronzer is amazing, I should've put my hand in the picture too for reference!  This is quite pigemented for my skin when I'm naturally pale, but suits much better when I'm wearing the fake tan.  I really like the matte area for adding a bit of subtle definition and the shimmery part as more of a blush/cheek colour.  Perfect for the bronzer lovers out there - it would last ages!

I'm pretty impressed with the actual tanning product itself.  I was sent the 250 ml Mousse* [rrp: £4.99] to try and it's given my skin a gorgeous golden glow, without looking too overdone or unnatural - which is what I need as I'm so pale.  It applied really smoothly with the mitt* [rrp: £2.99] and I have absolutely no streaks either!

So I hope you like my look!  Some people don't really like a smokyish eye with a red lip, but the eyes would look lovely with a more neutral lip too.  Or you could use lighter eye colours in the palette to match with the red lip to suit your tastes better.