NARS is a brand that I've never taken a running jump in to.  I've often browsed the counter leaving empty handed.  Now you may think I'm crazy because NARS is a gorgeous brand with gorgeous products but I feel like they want to pull me out of my comfort zone.  I'm a bit low key, and NARS is a bit out there.  I've previously posted about the NARS Albatross Highlighter which I'm sure everyone and their mum has heard about. I liked it, but again subtle it is not and now my sister has it.  This is where this little beauty comes in.  I was scouring the eyeshadows and Silk Road stood out to me purely because it was soft and subtle.  I added it to my Christmas list last year and there it was wrapped under the tree for me.  I get that that was almost a year ago now, but lets just put that down to my general inability to organise myself.

Silk Road is a duo of pale shimmery pinks.  The second 'crease' colour looks a lot darker in the pan that it does on the eyes.  Both shades are a lot more sheer when on the skin.  The palest pink becomes a translucent pink toned shimmer, with the darker one giving warmth and depth.  Due to the warmth in the second shadow, I feel these shadows work a lot better when I have a bit of a tan.  When I'm my usual ghostly pale self these can make me look a little bit ill, which is unfortunate.  Something to keep in mind if you're pale and proud.  There's a considerable amount of fall out from this particular duo as they're so glittery and shimmery, although as they're pale there's not a hell of a lot of clean up needed.  I'm mildly intrigued by some of NARS other eyeshadow offerings after using this, perhaps something a little more brown toned would suit me better!

NARS Duo Eyeshadows retail for £25.00