A few more accessible high street skincare companies are having a good go at the old micellar cleansing water a la Bioderma.  L'Oreal has been the recent popular choice in the blogging community.  To be honest I tired it and it didn't blow my socks off.  It left a greasy film on my skin, and I don't know if it's because of my skin type - other people seem to love it.  Me and my skin have however, been getting on a lot better with Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.

I like to use the Micellar water before I deep cleanse to get all my makeup off.  Sometimes I feel that when I go straight in with cream cleanser that my skin doesn't feel quite clean enough, and I end up doing it twice any way.  Also as this removes every single scrap of makeup without a great deal of effort, when I'm feeling a little tired after a long day, I don't need to take forever with my skincare before I hop in to bed.  For me it's great value for money too.  It retails for £4.99 for 400mls of product.  When you compare that to £9.99 for 250mls of Bioderma that's pretty damn good.  I'll be honest, I've never tried Bioderma because I feel it's overpriced, and now I've found a high street version that I'm happy with so why bother?

Since I loved the Micellar Cleansing Water so much, it seemed like a logical step to have a go of the Express 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover.  The Micellar water removes eye makeup too, but sometimes it needed a few swipes when the makeup was a little more stubborn.  This reminds me so much of the Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover.  I've used that before and it's amazing at getting all the teeny traces of mascara away - but so is the Garnier version.  It's bi-phase the same as the Garnier version, except it's purple instead of blue, but that doesn't actually make a difference to the product it's self.  Soak a cotton pad and place it on the eye for a few seconds and swipe.  You'd never know that you'd had any eye makeup on in the first place.  This retails for £3.50 for 125ml.  Clarins is £18.00 for 125ml.  I know which one I'll be buying! I'm not dissing Bioderma or Clarins in any way, but it's good to know if you don't have that kind of money to spend that there are cheaper alternatives out there, and that they work just as good as something more expensive.