Hello Lovelies!

I just wanted to put a quick post together with some photos from my holiday on it and tell you what I got up to while I was away.  And if you liked my two scheduled posts I'm glad!


View from the balcony at night

And again during the day!

The other side of the marina.

I went to Benalmadena in Spain,  and for the time of year it was surprisingly good weather still.  I expected it to be much colder, especially at night time - but it was lovely.  And I even managed to get a tan!...or rather, I'm now a slightly more human colour than my natural corpse-esque skin tone. We stayed in a lovely area too.  We had an apartment right on the marina, and when we stood on the balcony we could almost touch the boat masts.  Staying in such a beautiful place made the holiday for me.  I really like things like that.  Like, if I'm staying in a city or something, I love to see a bit of the architecture or something like that.  Once when I was in Spain before we went to a really beautiful church - but I can't remember where it was.  Any way that was off topic - I loved the marina!

The beach

View of the coast from the boat

And just across the road from us was the beach,  there was no pool, but with the beach being that close there was really no need.  If I needed the toilet when we were at the beach we just crossed the road back to the apartment because it was honestly that close.  I went to the beach most days, except Sunday because I have caught the cold and was feeling too unwell to get up and go. And on Wednesday we went on a boat trip to look for dolphins on a proper old sail boat.  It was amazing! And we seen the dolphins right up close at the front of the boat.  Seeing them in the wild is definitely so much better than seeing them in tanks!  I wasn't fast enough with my camera to catch them jumping out of the water though so I don't have any pictures of them which is rubbish!



It was really pretty quiet everywhere, but I think it was just the time of year.  Most of the people were retired or were a couple with a young baby (probably because it's cheaper to go in October and it wouldn't be too hot for babies and older people).  I liked it though, I love cities and busyness, but sometimes you just need to relax - which I needed after three straight years of University (you don't get the summer off with Nursing like you do with other courses).


We found a little restaurant on the second night, and we ended up eating there every night!  It had been recently taken over by a husband and wife.  The wife did all of the cooking from scratch all by herself, and the husband ran front of house all on his own.  The food was amazing, and it was such great value for money, you honestly felt like you were underpaying or something - and they were lovely.  It's called El Bistro and it's on the main road, across from the Hotel Riviera.  So go there to eat if you're ever in Benalmadena!

I read three books in the week with two days to spare, so those days I just lay on the beach and listened to my ipod.  I read The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling, and it was rubbish, I don't recommend it at all.  It wasn't badly written it was just such a boring plot.  I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower too, because I like to read a book before I see the movie, and I'm going with my sister to see it soon.  That was a great book, I managed to read that in a few hours, I hope the movie is just as good.  Although the book is written like letters, so I'm not sure how well it was changed into screenplay - but we'll see!  And finally I read Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone, because I love Harry Potter, and read them all at least once a year.

I had a lovely time, but I'm a little home bird - I love my house and I missed my cat, although I seen plenty of Spanish cats!  I would go back there, I think, although I would like to know how different it is during season, but I imagine it would be even better!

Rebekah
xxx