Hello Lovelies!

Recently I bought the forever hyped Shu Uemura eyelash curlers.

I like them, they're good, they make a curl stay well.  This is all down to the design of the curler.  Most cheap curlers - like ones you can buy for £3.00 have thick metal and the sponge part is usually pretty soft.  And that's why they don't work well.  The metal isn't thin enough to create a discernible curl and as you can't get a decent amount of pressure or force from the sponge, so nothing happens.


The Shu Uemura curler is much 'sharper' than most curlers as in the metal part that you use on your lashes is very thin.  So that getting pushed against your lashes will immediately improve the lift you get as it will be more defined.  Also the black 'sponge' part only has a little bit of give in it and that helps with the pressure of the metal part against your lashes.
Before and After curling.

The only thing that isn't good about these curlers is the price.  £20.00 for a pair of eyelash curlers.  It's ridiculously expensive, for a tool that doesn't get used much.  I usually don't mind paying a lot for my beauty products because I think that you get what you pay for.  But I think that because this does such a small job compared to, say a foundation or an eyeshadow it's harder to appreciate it's worth.  You use them for 2 minutes in the morning and then forget all about it.  Whereas with products like that you can constantly evaluate it throughout the day.  Like 'oh this foundation is lasting really well' or 'this eyeshadow looks even prettier in natural daylight'.  Do you know what I mean?

So this is a kind of in-between review I guess.  I like the eyelash curlers, but I hate the price!  Even if they were £15 it would be better!  But I suppose as it's not something that has to be re-purchased it's okay too.

Rebekah
xxx