I bought this gorgeous lipstick back at the beginning of October - it was part of my Duty Free, holiday haul which you can see here.  This is my second lipstick from the Rouge Coco Shine range, and my third Chanel lipstick overall (see the others here and here).  Being from the Rouge Coco Shine collection, Monte Carlo is super moisturising and gorgeous to wear on the lips.  It's quite sheer, as all Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks are, so if you're only a lover of super opaque colours, these lipsticks may not be for you.


As you can see in the above picture, the swatch shows a more sheer pinky red than the strong red that is in the bullet.  Rouge Coco Shine's are great if you're a bit afraid of lipstick too, because they don't come out scarily strong, so that could be something to keep in mind if your looking to put down the lipgloss and step into the world of lipstick.


Rouge Coco Shine's retail for £24.00, which is pretty expensive, but I don't grudge it because I love the quality.  And if you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that I love luxury beauty brands, whereas my clothes consist of nothing more than H&M and Primark.  I would recommend something like this as a little treat to yourself, or even as a gift.  They have some really gorgeous colours, and due to the formula they just add more of a tint to the lip, which makes all shades super wearable!


Due to the sheer amount of lip products I own, I don't wear this too often - but if I was to do the math of how much I actually wear makeup vs my lipstick collection, I would definitely say it isn't neglected.  This is the perfect everyday red too, because it isn't too in your face - so it's also perfect for this time of year!